Monday, February 27, 2012

Some changes are afoot...

So I finally have a real reason to write in this stupid thing. I say stupid thing because I love the idea of writing a blog but I never felt like what I was thinking was good enough to write about...hence the fact that I haven't written since November.

But anyway, changes. Changes are good...mostly. A lot of people fear change, I can honestly say that I am one of those people sometimes, but I am hoping that these changes will turn that fear into a fleeting feeling. I am making some choices to that pertain to my physical body but will also affect my emotional and mental.

I have always been an active person. I like to be outside, I like to work out, go hiking and stuff like that. But recently, I have found that it is way easier to be lazy that it is to wake up before class to go to the gym. I usually like to go after class because I have more time, but lately I have been opting out and I don't like that about myself. So I am signing up for a personal trainer at the gym, 12 half hour sessions. I am looking for a new work out routine that's not based on muscle building, which has been my base since high school. I need to change my routine to toning, slimming down and more consistency. Hopefully this will kick my butt into gear.

Secondly, I usually try to eat healthy as much as I can, but it's so easy to not eat healthy because it's easier than cooking or making the conscious effort to find healthier food. My biggest weakness, food wise, is bread. I love eating bread all the time. French bread, toast, bread sticks, bread, bread and more bread. But another issue I've been having is eating late. Jordin, my boyfriend, works late some nights and I wait to eat with him. Well that means eating anywhere from 9 to 11 pm, and by that time neither one of us really want to cook and we just want something easy to eat. Pizza is one of our late night guilty food pleasures. Jordin loves pizza and now I do because we eat it so much. So along with the personal trainer, I am starting my first real diet. Lots of protein, veggies, fruits and sadly, less bread. No late night eating, no more soda, baked sweets and candy.

It's obviously going to be hard in the beginning but it's time for some healthy changes in my life. Hopefully, along with these changes, I'll be able to jump start some of the other decisions that I have to make. So I am going to be using this blog, the stupid thing, to record how these changes affect my life. I hope that I am able to keep up with the blog as well as the other challenges I have set before myself, but I am determined. Here it goes...

1 comment: